Improv Beach Scene
- Create a beach scene of your choice using fused appliqué fabric.
In this workshop, students will create an approximately 5” x 7” beach scene using fusible-backed fabric and a reference image of their choice. Kestrel will provide compositional guidelines to follow before turning students loose.
This class is particularly exciting because there is no pattern and no set kit, so every student produces a uniquely different result. The kit will include an assortment of fabric, but every kit will be different and students are encouraged to trade and share fabric amongst themselves.
To finish the artwork, each student will receive a picture mat and cellophane sleeve for easy framing and transportation of their art.
The photo above shows four student-created beach scenes made during this class. Every student will create entirely different designs as each kit will have different fabric.
- Assortment of cotton fabric
- Wonder Under fusible
- Backing board
- Picture mat (8” x 10” outer dimension with 5” x 7” opening)
- Cellophane sleeve
Students should bring:
- Fabric scissors (large and small)
- Nonstick ironing mat/sheet (optional)
Hardware requirements to be provided by guild:
- Projector with HDMI connection
- Either a projector screen or large, blank, white wall
- Microphone & sound system (to be determined by hosting guilds; no preference on style of microphone)
- Work tables for students
- Ironing stations (2-4 irons & iron-safe surfaces for the full class to share)
- Dryer sheets or other iron-cleaning solution (in case fusible gets stuck to soleplate)
Contact Kestrel to Schedule