Improv Flower Arrangement
- Create a free-form flower arrangement using fused appliqué fabric.
In this workshop, students will create an approximately 8” x 10” flower arrangement using fusible-backed fabric. Students can work from reference images of their choice or from photos shared by Kestrel. Kestrel will provide compositional guidelines to follow before turning students loose.
This class is very fun because there is no pattern and no set kit, so every student produces a uniquely different result. The kit will include an assortment of fabric, but every kit will be different and students are encouraged to trade and share fabric amongst themselves.
To finish the artwork, each student will receive a picture mat and cellophane sleeve for easy framing and transportation of their art.
The photo above shows one student-made example created during this class. Every student will create an entirely different design as each kit will include different fabric. The possibilities are endless.
- Assortment of cotton fabric
- Wonder Under fusible
- Backing board
- Picture mat (11” x 14” outer dimension with 8” x 10” opening)
- Cellophane sleeve
Students should bring:
- Fabric scissors (large and small)
- Nonstick ironing mat/sheet (optional)
Hardware requirements to be provided by guild:
- Projector with HDMI connection
- Either a projector screen or large, blank, white wall
- Microphone & sound system (to be determined by hosting guilds; no preference on style of microphone)
- Work tables for students
- Ironing stations (2-4 irons & iron-safe surfaces for the full class to share)
- Dryer sheets or other iron-cleaning solution (in case fusible gets stuck to soleplate)
Contact Kestrel to Schedule