Dimensions: 36" x 36"
Fabric pieces: 978
After making my first butterflies for "Embrace Change", I wanted to make a few more. I also had an idea to make flowers that could be mixed and matched to make fabric flower arrangements. This quilt was the product of both desires.
Although not the first quilt I made, this was the first "big" quilt. (I define "big" by needing to be rolled up to fit through the neck of my sewing machine.) It's also the first quilt for which I used 100wt thread, which presented an entire new set of challenges.
If you're intrested in reading about my design and seeing some process photos, please take a look at this blog post.